Detailed Understanding: Spinning Rods
Spinning Rods is a type of fishing rod that is specifically used for fishing in marine environments and freshwater fishing. It is an ideal fishing rod to catch fishes like trout, chub, salmon, pike, perch, Bream, Bass and Blue Kurper. A spinning rod possesses an angling strategy by which the user can easily catch fishes in freshwater. It is very essential for a spinning rod to be well equipped with every element. The action, reel, power, tip sensitivity and line weight are required to be checked appropriately. Freshwater Spinning rods can easily be purchased and availed from specialty and retail shops. They are normally five to eight feet in length. Large number of brands manufactures freshwater spinning rods made up of graphite and fiberglass. Fiberglass and graphite are strong, durable and are capable of meeting any circumstances while the user is fishing. It is essential to choose an appropriate spinning rod by considering the specifications and reel combination appropriately. The cost of spinning rods is greatly influenced by the materials utilized and size of the rod. Guides, reel seat and reel handle play a vital role and are key elements of spinning rods.
Functioning of Spinning Rods:
Before going ahead with the actual implementation of spinning rods, it becomes very essential for the user to know all the detailed information about the rod that he or she is using. The user must be aware of the brand, the devices, the technique, functioning process, etc…, before stepping ahead with fishing. Explore and implement the following steps that would enable the user to understand the functioning of spinning rods.
Step 1: Firstly, the basic and initial step is to assemble the outfit. The user should unpack every element from the box wherein the spinning rod is dispatched.
Step 2: The user should hold the rod with the hand that is the user’s dominant one. The reel is then placed beneath the rod. The user should hold the rod in a way that the reel foot comes between ring finger and middle finger. In case, the user is comfortable to do this between other fingers then he or she can do that.
Step 3: After doing so, the user should reel in or pull out line. Then the handle needs to be turned slowly till the line roller comes below the index finger.
Step 4: The user should then hold the line with the help of the crook in index finger.
Step 5: The user should open the bail with the help of other hand.
Step 6: After doing this, the user should then place the rod towards the target area.
Step 7: The rod is then pulled in vertical direction with the help of wrist and elbow and not shoulders.
Step 8: On seeing the target, the user should slightly lift the rod upwards in order to bring the fish towards bait.
Step 9: Lastly, the user should ensure to close the bail after the fishing is done.
Benefits of using Spinning Rods:
Spinning Rods are beneficial for fishing in marine and freshwater locations. The following are the benefits of utilizing spinning rods:
1. Spinning rods are available in different shapes and sizes. It can be used by even a child as well. Hence, be it beginners or adroit level users, spinning rods are available for one and all.
2. As per the action required, users can select rods that can range from slow, medium and fast action for spin fishing.
3. With respect to power, users can easily avail spinning rods that are light, ultra light, medium – heavy, ultra heavy, etc…, in weight. Hence the user can easily select the one, according to one’s power.
4. The reel differs in shape and size. Hence, users can check the one that is best suiting his or her requirement.
How to select an ideal Spinning Rod?
Before going in for an ideal spinning rod, it becomes essential for the users to consider certain points that ensure it to be a right one. The following are the parameters that help in selecting the right and ideal spinning rod for the user.
1. Quality Matters: It is very essential for the user to take utmost care of quality while selecting a spinning rod. The aesthetics of the spinning rod should reflect quality finishing and look to the user. A rod comprises of handle, blank, guides, reel, etc…, The user should also check in the quality of these elements. There are different types of reel available. Hence users should check and then decide the type. The rod should get easily fit or assembled to one another, once he or she finds it to be in dismantled condition. The user should be comfortable in holding and balancing the spinning rods by both the hands.
2. Type of Fish should be well known in advance: The size and weight of fishes have a direct impact on the type of spinning rods chosen by the user. Hence, it becomes important for the users to select the fish well in advance.
3. The parts of rod should be considered well: User must check in the different parts of rod appropriately. These parts should meet up every need of the user.
4. The user should be clear about freshwater fishing. Hence user should mention about this before purchasing spinning rods. Fishing rods differ as per the type of water in which the person is fishing.
5. Price Brackets: The user should opt for spinning rods that are suiting his or her needs and requirements. It is not advisable to go for the high end spinning rods in just the beginning stages. Beginners should initiate with medium action rods that are not excessively flexible. With consistent practice, users can actually move towards the ladder of specialized fishing.
Top Brands present in this segment:
1. Shakespeare Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod (6-15-Pound Test): Shakespeare is one of the pioneering brands for manufacturing Spinning rods. This particular spinning rod by Shakespeare has been developed, re- designed and refurbished with great amount of aesthetics. This rod promises to deliver durability, dependability and assured quality to the user. Sensitive to lightest strike, the user can easily place it well near the target. With solid grip hold, the rod is equipped with reel seat design, sleek matte black finish accents, EVA grip Logo, etc…, Measuring at 5.6 feet, the spinning rod is ideal to hold a weight of 6 to 15 pound test. The rod is dispatched in a one piece construction.
2. Tica UMGA Series Surf Spinning Fishing Rod: The fishing rod is available in 2 piece or 1 piece format. With strong TC2 Graphite material, the fishing rod is resistant to water, abrasion, corrosion, salt and fish bites. It also comprises of high and premium finish Zirconia ring guides, TICA sliding foldable hook keeper and non slip cork tape handle.
3. Penn Squadron Inshore Spinning Rods: Penn Fishing has succeeded in developing a quality series of its Penn Squadron Inshore Spinning Rods that is fit to deliver the same performance which is ideally received in costly spinning rods. The spinning rod can be used in any region irrespective of it being flat surface, mangrove, near shore area, etc…, The rod is equipped with stainless steel guides. The one piece rod is well available with graphite reel seat. The EVA handles and cork are solid enough to maintain and assure gripping.
4. Shakespeare Two-Piece Ultra Light Action Ugly Stik Lite Spinning Rod: Shakespeare is one of the pioneering brands for manufacturing Spinning rods. This particular spinning rod by Shakespeare has been developed, re- designed and refurbished with great amount of aesthetics. The rod is available in two piece format. This can be easily assembled. AT 6.6 feet, the spinning rod is simply perfect for long distance fishing
5. Shakespeare Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod (8-20-Pound Test): Shakespeare is one of the pioneering brands for manufacturing Spinning rods. This particular spinning rod by Shakespeare has been developed, re- designed and refurbished with great amount of aesthetics. This rod promises to deliver durability, dependability and assured quality to the user. Sensitive to lightest strike, the user can easily place it well near the target. With solid grip hold, the rod is equipped with reel seat design, sleek matte black finish accents, EVA grip Logo, etc…, Measuring at 5.6 feet, the spinning rod is ideal to hold a weight of 8 to 20 pound test. The rod is dispatched in a one piece construction.
6. Shakespeare Two-Piece Ugly Stik Bigwater Spinning Rod: Shakespeare is one of the pioneering brands for manufacturing Spinning rods. This particular spinning rod by Shakespeare has been developed, re- designed and refurbished with great amount of aesthetics. The rod measures at 10 feet and is received in two pieces. It can be easily assembled to one. Made up of EVA grips, the rod is resistant to water, corrosion, etc…, It also consists of Fuji’s guide made up of aluminum oxide inserts and stainless steel frame.
7. Okuma Celilo Graphite Spinning Rod: The rod comprises of aluminum oxide guide inserts which make it strong and durable for fishing. It is also equipped with quality grade fore and rear cork grips. With a one year warranty, the user can indeed have a great time fishing with this spinning rod.
8. Shimano Solora 2 Piece Spinning Rod: Shimano Solora 2 Piece Spinning Rod is available in a wide range of size. With medium power and fast action, this rod can come out to be a perfect rod for fishing. The height of spinning rod ranges from 5 feet to 7 feet. With one year of limited warranty, the user can easily get the parts repaired. The rod consists of aluminum oxide guides as well.
9. Okuma Tundra Surf Glass Spinning Rods: Okuma’s Tundra surf glass spinning rod stands out exceptionally. Made up of durable and high quality fore and rear grips. The rod measures 8 feet long and are ready to catch any big fish out there. The 2 – piece rod comprises of stainless steel hooded reel seats, durable rubber butt cap, comfortable EVA foam fore and rear grips, glass fiber rod blank construction and reinforced double footed guides.
10. Shakespeare Micro Spinning Rod: Shakespeare Micro Spinning Rod is a must try spinning rod for a great freshwater fishing experience. The rod comprise of full cork handles. There are stainless steel guides, stainless steel inserts and conventional reel seat with cushioned hoods in this spinning rod.